If you’re looking for the best first aid, CPR, AED and food safe training provider in Victoria, look no further than Victoria First Aid! Victoria First Aid is the only workplace approved training provider that offers high quality training for the most competitive rates. This provider offers courses at its training facility throughout the week including on weekends and on week-nights. An variety of training and refresher courses are offered to prospective trainees, along with stand-alone CPR training and private classes. Scheduling with Victoria First Aid is a breeze as well, because of friendly customer service representatives that are able to take your registration via telephone. You can also register via email or through on-line registration. Customers that need certification that meets WorkSafe BC requirements should enrol in workplace emergency first aid (WEFA) training programs which is equivalent to a OFA level 1 program. To register for WEFA, standard, emergency or childcare first aid in Victoria use the contact form provided below or use the contact information.
For more details on classes and schedules offered by Victoria First Aid click here.
Victoria First Aid Contact Information
If you have any queries or want to enrol in a training course, you can contact Victoria First Aid using the information below.
- Website: www.firstaidcprvictoria.ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Childcare First Aid Training Courses in Victoria
There are three different CPR levels:
- CPR level “B” – this level can only be partnered with emergency and standard childcare first aid programs. It teaches participants about CPR rescue techniques for child and infant victims. Participants will get this CPR level partnered with childcare first aid training.
- CPR level “A” – this program teaches CPR rescues techniques for adult victims only.
- CPR level “C” – this program teaches CPR rescues techniques for victims of all ages
- CPR level “HCP” – this program teaches CPR level “C” with additional components for health care providers
The following is a list of topics covered by Childcare First Aid classes.
- CPR level “B” and AED training
- Primary and Secondary survey’s
- When and how to contact EMS / 9-1-1
- Wound Care (including internal and external injuries)
- Skeletal Injuries
- Cardiovascular system and Respiratory emergencies (heart attacks, shock and stroke)
- Unexpected Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
These topics are covered in details in a childcare or standard first aid course provided with Victoria First Aid.
What Other Courses Are Available With This Provider?
The following other courses are also available:
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
- Babysitting First Aid
- Food Safety Certification
- WHMIS Training
- Fire Safety Training
To register for any of the above mentioned courses use the contact information posted above.
Did You Know?
Rabies infections come from animal bites from animals infected with rabies. Over 50,000 in the world die every day from rabies, because of unvaccinated animals. Rabid animals behave strangely, being very aggressive and violent. Common carriers of rabies are unvaccinated dogs (rarely cats), raccoons and bats. When a person is bitten (often children), the saliva carrying the rabies virus enters the wound. The infection spreads in the surrounding muscle and can travel to the brain if left untreated. If you notice that an animal bite was made by a rabid animal, bring the person to medical help immediately. Signs and symptoms of a rabies infection are irritability, agitation, confusion, hallucinations, aggressiveness, muscle spasms, seizures, abnormal posture, weakness, and paralysis.
Learn more about rabies and other infections from injuries. Enrol today!